The best Kickboxing program in Jackson Heights, NY!
Get Started Now:
Register for classes here:
The best kickboxing program in Jackson Heights, NY!
• Kickboxing is a form of martial arts derived from karate. It borrows moves from multiple types of martial arts including full-contact karate, Muay Thai, and boxing.
• Although the name implies kicking as a priority, this type of martial art uses both hands and feet as points of contact. Kicks and punches are both used during kickboxing.
• Kickboxing involves lots of rapid movement and can easily increase your heart rate to a similar pace as running.
• Kickboxing often uses interval training, where participants exercise at peak output for 30 seconds to a couple of minutes and then rest.
• This type of training is called high-intensity interval training and has been shown to be especially good for burning calories and increasing cardiovascular fitness.